The band Chvrches has risen to international fame and now have two albums under their belt. Lead singer Lauren Mayberry has become a feminist and style icon in her own right. The first time Lauren’s style caught my eye was during Austin City Limits (ACL) in 2014.
Lauren wore the perfect outfit because it had a casual and classic feel to it. I loved that she rocked all black with simple yet striking silver jewelry. The plain chain necklace with perfect piece to tie in everything. Oddly enough, I spent a good bit of time looking for photos from Chvrches at ACL, but didn’t find one that showed what shoes Lauren wore, but I’m sure they were great. From the side, you can see Lauren rocking an adorable black lace bralette, which put a feminine stamp on her entire look.
- Shorts: H&M Vegan High Waisted Shorts
- Arm Cuff: Lizzie Panelled Arm Cuff
- Bralette: Hanky Panky Lace Bralette
- Necklace: Chain Necklace, T By Alexander Wang Oversized Tank Top
Lauren has been known to wear exaggerated eye makeup, and her ACL look was no different. Lauren wore some serious glittery under eye makeup with a cat eye and I. LOVED. IT. On Twitter, someone asked her how she did the look, and she replied, “Liquid eyeliner, make up glitter and Vaseline to make it stick.”
- Line your top lid with black liquid liner. Create the classic cat eye. Need help with how to do this? Watch this Goss video.
- Curl your lashes
- Apply mascara
- Apply glitter liquid eyeliner under your eye. Slowly build up the glitter. Exaggerate as much or as little as you like.
- With a small eyeshadow brush, apply makeup glitter over the liquid eyeliner while it’s still wet.
- Pat Vaseline on top to set it.